Mice are one of the most common household pests and they can cause a lot of trouble if they get into your home. Not only do they chew through electrical wires and insulation, but they also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to prevent mice from entering your home. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most effective ways to keep mice out of your home, so you can enjoy a rodent-free living space.
1. Seal all potential entry points: Mice can squeeze through tiny gaps and holes that are only a few millimeters wide, so it’s essential to seal up any potential entry points into your home. This includes gaps around doors and windows, holes in walls, and gaps in your roof or attic. You can use silicone or foam sealant to fill in these gaps and keep mice out.
2. Keep your home clean: Mice are attracted to food crumbs and other debris, so it’s important to keep your home clean and free of clutter. Make sure you wipe down surfaces regularly and sweep the floors to remove any food particles. You should also store your food in airtight containers and keep your trash cans tightly sealed to prevent mice from finding something to eat.
3. Use mouse traps and poison bait: If you have already noticed mice in your home, it’s important to take action before they multiply. You can use mouse traps or poison bait to catch or kill mice. Keep in mind that poison bait can be dangerous if you have kids or pets, so be sure to use it safely and follow the instructions carefully.
4. Keep outdoor areas tidy: Mice can also enter your home from the outside, so it’s important to keep the area around your home tidy and free of debris. Trim back any bushes or shrubs that are close to your home, and make sure you don’t have any standing water or other attractants that could lead mice to your doorstep.
5. Call a professional pest control service: If you have a serious mouse problem that you can’t handle on your own, it’s time to call in the professionals. A pest control service can help you identify potential entry points and come up with a plan to eliminate mice from your home. They can also provide ongoing treatment to prevent future infestations.
Preventing mice from entering your home requires vigilance, but it’s important to take the necessary steps to protect your home and your family from these pesky rodents. By sealing up potential entry points, keeping your home clean, using traps and poison bait, keeping outdoor areas tidy, and calling a professional pest control service if needed, you can keep mice out of your home and enjoy a rodent-free living space.
Cypress Creek Pest Control has been providing quality and dependable service to Houston homes, agencies, schools, and local businesses since 1968. We are one of the largest independently owned full-service pest control companies in the state of Texas.
I use this company to do quarterly in-house and outdoor spraying...have called on them for over 20 years. No bugs of any kind. And if an occasional insect makes it into the house, I know it, because they turn up dead. Good company... excellent staff.
14:42 24 Feb 24
Serviceman Dave was excellent. He was the most thorough in his exterminating than any of the others. He even put bait in the attic. He has serviced my home before and there is a big positive difference in the way he services my home. I wish he could come every time. Thank you, Dave for excellent service. 2024 review: There is a rent house next door. The people moved out and their German roaches came over to visit. Dispatcher said I would have to empty all cabinets and start service every month like initially. I said no. I have confidence in your product. After my quarterly service call with Mr. Dave, I did not see any more roaches even until my next quarterly service call. Cypress Creek is worth every dime that you pay!! Trust!
18:55 23 Feb 24
16:36 23 Feb 24
Eddie was a personable professional who was able to diagnose the issue after careful inspection of the attic and exterior of my home. Thanks.❗😊
14:47 23 Feb 24
Great service, Steve did a thorough job.
20:08 22 Feb 24
I'm so glad I chose Cypress Creek Pest Control! From my initial phone call, the staff was extremely POLITE and PROFESSIONAL!Setting up my appointment was QUICK and EASY, conveniently paid over the phone, the young man that came out to our property ON TIME, was super FRIENDLY and very PROFICIENT in his work. I look forward to a lasting relationship with CCPC!
15:39 22 Feb 24
15:07 22 Feb 24
He was very helpful and detailed w what he was going to do and reminded me if see anything definitely call back and not is covered .
23:53 21 Feb 24
Very professional. No more problems with Mosquitos.
16:18 21 Feb 24
15:24 21 Feb 24
Top notch. Clean, efficient, communication was great. Treated my property like it was theirs.
15:02 21 Feb 24
14:39 21 Feb 24
16:09 20 Feb 24
Good job.. Very thorough
15:39 20 Feb 24
I highly recommend their service. We had termites & they came out & did a great job.
23:34 18 Feb 24
20:34 17 Feb 24
21:26 16 Feb 24
Very professional and knowledgeable. Performed the service earlier than expected and cost was very affordable.
21:19 16 Feb 24
Showed up on time, very professional, wore shoe coverings when inside the home. They also clean the eaves of webs and various junk.
20:41 16 Feb 24
I am so happy with our service!The technician is so friendly and they do all the work, scheduling and everything.I would highly recommend this company to any company looking for friendly and liable service.
20:40 16 Feb 24
Always on time and provides excellent, friendly customer service.
14:47 16 Feb 24
14:37 16 Feb 24
I have used cypress creek for over 30 years. They are the BEST ! You can not go wrong with them …
00:36 16 Feb 24
Alex did an excellent job treating my home and property. He is extremely knowledgeable about pest control and answered all my questions about the bugs that I saw at my house. The customer service at Cypress Creek Pest Control is excellent. I will continue to recommend them to my friends and family.
15:26 15 Feb 24
Unfortunately, we had a termite issue. Ernie came out and completely educated me on the situation & the process for the remedy. Extremely knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Highly reccomend.
15:25 15 Feb 24
Both gentlemen who came to our house were friendly and professional.
03:04 15 Feb 24
Ernie was so knowledgable on what was needed to rid my home of pest. David did a great job of prepping the house and explaining what to expect. I appreciate their professionalism and experience.
22:47 14 Feb 24
Best service. I will recommend to anyone. There is much better now- German roaches.
22:31 14 Feb 24
21:28 14 Feb 24
21:07 14 Feb 24
As always very thorough. Knows the place well and treats very appropriately. Polite friendly professional. Great team.
20:52 14 Feb 24
Knowledgeable and professional.
20:44 14 Feb 24
20:41 14 Feb 24
The best service you can ever get.the best people to work withOnly thing I can say “ wow what a service”Thank you
20:39 14 Feb 24
The technician was respectful and very informative. I received a call letting me know the technician was on his way. I like that because it demonstrates that the company cares about their customers. Thank you for the excellent customer service. Keep it up!
20:38 14 Feb 24
20:36 14 Feb 24
We have used Cypress Creek Pest Control for several years. They have always been professional and provide products that work for a reasonable price.
15:17 01 Feb 24
17:57 25 Dec 23
Amazing service. Great people and a pleasure to work with!
14:17 25 Dec 23
This is a wonderful company. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would give them 5 stars.
22:49 22 Dec 23
The technicians are very thorough and nice. I appreciated how they did their work.
13:56 20 Dec 23
16:06 04 Dec 23
Really efficient and helped my family with everything they needed!